Prompt: 5 on 5:
- What are 5 things you have done for yourself in 2011?
- What are 5 things you have done for others in 2011?
- What are 5 things that held you back from doing things for others?
- What are 5 things that you want to do for yourself in 2012?
- What are 5 things you want to do for others in 2012?
Prompt courtesy of Megan Collier – Everlasting Present
What are five things you have done for yourself in 2011?
1. I cut one side of my family out of my life. It’s a necessary evil if I hope to maintain any peace in my life. Life is too short to deal with family bullshit, drama, backstabbing and the like.
2. I found out about kettlebells and fell immediately in love with them. They make me feel invigorated, strong and it is a fun, fast, effective way to workout.
3. I am trying to accept myself as I am and not be so critical.
4. I am learning how to just BE and not freak out about the little things.
5. I am learning how to let go of the past and be more thankful and positive about where I am now.
What five things have you done for others in 2011?
-This is a hard one because I’m not one to sit and “brag” or keep a running count of the things I do for others. I don’t think I do anything for others really. Truly. I don’t get out and volunteer. I don’t really have money to give away at this point. I don’t really think I do anything for anyone which makes me rather selfish I guess. I feel bad about this question and realize I need to do more for others. This would be one area of my life where I feel I am a failure.
1. I like to make homemade handkerchiefs and other little items and give them to people.
2. I continually pray for blessings and good things for family and friends. (I know that doesn’t sound like much but it means I am always thinking of them and sending good thoughts their way)
3. I LOVE to cook for people and when we have guests (friends) over, I try so very hard to spoil and pamper them with delicious food and treats. It is how I show my love for them.
4. I try to be a good listener. I try to be the one to uplift and buoy others. I love to make people laugh and try to do that whenever I can.
5. When I’m at my mom’s in the winter, I shovel out her drive/sidewalk as well as the rest of her block – not the entire block but most of it as most of her neighbors are elderly. My mom does this every time it snows so if I’m up there during a snowstorm. I do it too. Not really a big deal but I’m short on ideas for things I do for others.
What are 5 things that held you back from doing things for others?
4. Fear/lack of confidence
What are 5 things that you want to do for yourself in 2012?
1. Become better with money and budgeting.
2. Build my own website/blog. I know how to code. I’ve just been too lazy to actually do it.
3. Start my own podcast and possibly an online rural newspaper
4. Get off my butt and start seeking freelance writing jobs instead of just talking about it.
5. Finally get that Canon Rebel camera I want and dig deeper into photography, which is one of my passions.
What are 5 things you want to do for others in 2012?
1. I want to help my mom and uncles more.
2. I want to be a better friend than I’ve been.
3. I want to be better at remembering birthdays and anniversaries – I’ve been really lax in this area. I need to do better.
4. I want to think only good thoughts and cut the rope of negativity away for good.
5. Be a better listener – be present and in the moment when I am with others and also – be more forgiving.