“Every artist was first an amateur.”
To be an artist one has to find beauty in ordinary things. Find 10 things of great beauty in the landscape that surrounds you. For example, crumple sheets on your bed in the morning, the smell of coffee making its way around a busy office.
(Author: Ana Guardia)
1. The shafts of first morning light peeking in between the curtains as the sun extends its long slender fingers into the living room.
2. The cherubic face of my little girl as she sleeps.
3. Warm, loving hugs from my husband first thing in the morning.
4. The scent of coffee drifting lazily through the house, beckoning me.
5. The tinkling of the wind chimes as they dance in the breeze.
6. Sitting out on the deck with my coffee reading poetry, writing and listening to the birds and feeling the fresh air kiss my face.
7. My little girl bouncing out of her room after she wakes up and demands that we cuddle in the reading chair.
8. My jar of red sand and sea shells from Prince Edward Island that a dear friend sent me after her trip there.
9. The pictures of family that surround me.
10. The scent of pumpkins and cinnamon in the linen closet as I get my towel each morning to shower. (I have several sachets of pumpkin and cinnamon scents stashed in there)
I could go on and on but these are just a few of the things that first come to mind.